The Bundesliga season has been put on hold and the Coronavirus crisis is currently dominating our everyday lives. Therefore FC Augsburg wants to show a sign of solidarity and support both people in need and the local economy, especially in these difficult times.
FCA would also like say a huge thank you to all of those who are putting in an enormous amount of effort to help the people that are sick to get the best possible treatment, and to those who are ensuring the daily provision of our society.
FCA, the fans and the region have already demonstrated a strong togetherness on numerous occasions. Under the slogan #augsburghältzusammen2020 (#augsburgstickstogether2020), we should once again prove our solidarity in these difficult times.
“Even though we are still unaware of the consequences of the Coronavirus for the club and for German football as a whole, we want to show a sign of solidarity and togetherness and strengthen the local economy. It’s also very important for us to thank all of the people who are making a huge contribution towards the good of our society in these difficult times,” said FCA Sporting Director, Michael Ströll.
Therefore FCA will set up a number of relief actions over the coming days and weeks, and support various different social programs in cooperation with our fans and partners:
- Digital donation platform: Together with Augsburg marketing, FCA has created an online donation website, on which people can support owner-managed companies in Augsburg with donations in order to help cushion the loss in revenue caused by the current closing of businesses.
- Free drinks for care workers: As a thank you for their tireless efforts, from Wednesday 1st April FCA will be offering a three-day long “drive in” service in the WWK ARENA car park for nursing staff from hospitals, old people’s homes and those working with disabled people. FCA, together with its partner Riegele, will be giving out up to two crates of water, Spezi or beer to each person.
- Voucher giveaways: FCA will also be giving away free vouchers for some of their partners such as Segmüller, Vinopolis und Il Porcino to people working in supermarkets, medical assistants and to those who are currently doing a lot to provide for their society.
- Supporting the Augsburg food bank: FCA is supporting the Augsburg food bank with staff, logistics and food donations so that the food bank is able to reopen from 7th April and start offering support for families in need.
- T-Shirt sales to raise money for charity: The FCA online shop will begin selling T-Shirts supporting the slogan #augsburghältzusammen2020 (#augsburgstickstogether2020) at a price of €15,95. All proceeds will be donated to charity.
- Offer of help: FCA would also like to promote the offer of help from FCA fans, which was organised by the Ulrich-Biesinger stand. People in need can be supported individually through making purchases. Further information can be reached via this number: 0170-4961167.